Boh Cheau Leang
Independent Non-Executive Director
Aged 68, Male, Malaysian
Date of Appointment:
5 May 2020
Member of Board Committees:
Chairman of Audit Committee
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- The Association of the Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) – Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Economics, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Diploma in Education, University of Malaya, Malaysia
Mr. Boh Cheau Leang (“Mr. Boh”) has more than 43 years of experience in Finance. Following his graduation in 1976, he joined the Civil Service and was attached to the Ministry of Education for approximately 18 years as a Senior Teacher. In 1995, he joined Jaks Resources Bhd (formerly Wing Tiek Holdings Bhd) and its Group of Companies as the Assistant General Manager of Finance. In 1997, he was appointed Vice President Finance of Malaysian Technology Development Corporation Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Khazanah Nasional Berhad involved in providing venture capital investment for IT start ups. In 2008, he was attached to Apex Healthcare Bhd, a pharmacy retail chain, as their Credit Controller. Since 2019, Mr Boh has been a Business Consultant at PBS Consulting PLT, an Audit and Advisory firm.
Mr. Boh does not have any family relationship with any Director and/or major shareholder of Meridian Berhad, or any conflict of interest with the Company.